Saturday, May 15, 2010

NHS Dentist question, for a Dentist to answer please?

Hi I have been visiting the same dentist for a number of years now and have always paid for my treatment. I made an appointment for a filling several weeks ago but have since become unemployed. My dentist offers free dental treatment to people on benefits. However, although I am unemployed I am not on benefits at the moment. Will I still need to pay for my treatment?

NHS Dentist question, for a Dentist to answer please?
Your dentist has the right to charge you for services and equally to give you free services. There is no law that limits this right of the dentist. If you are a patient of record and have been so for many years he has a moral obligation to give you a free filling (at least I would in a situation like this). One thing you want to do is call before the appt. day and explain that you have financial constrains and are going to be unable to pay him (please don't surprise your dentist), and see what his/her answer will be.
Reply:This dentist sounds like a nice guy...offering free dental treatments to people on benefits. Anyways, how is it free if the people are on benefits? This question can only be answered by your dentist...let hime know the situation...if you wear a good patient, he may "help" you out somehow.

golf shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net