Monday, May 17, 2010

A dentist has me in collections?

The dentist has put my fiance in collections. Now a place called Trojan professionals is the collection agency. They are tell me that I pay the dentist and then the dentist will relay the info to them and they will change the account to paid. Does this make sense. Can they actually do this and report on her credit .. i'm a little confused can anyone explain this a little better?

A dentist has me in collections?
Yes, a medical professional can transfer an unpaid account to a collection agency and it can be reported on your credit report. Normally you would pay the collection agency and they would keep their fee and forward the balance to the dentist. If you pay the dentist directly, get the proof of payment in writing and forward a copy to the collection agency yourself via certified mail and dispute the report on your credit report.
Reply:I would not believe that unless BOTH they and the dentist put it in writing to you. Request it from both. Don't rely on any verbal statements - they mean nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net