Saturday, November 14, 2009

Abusive dentist?

I went last year to have a cleaning at my new dentist office. They made me have a consultation first with the dentist before doing the cleaning, X-ray and so. The cost was partially covered by my Insurance and I paid the rest. They did not tell me I needed anything special done to my teeth or gums. A week later I finally went for the cleaning (which was supposed to be covered almost 100% by the insurance). To my surprise the dentist coded the work as a "full mouth debridement" which is not covered and intended to charge me $100. He was supposed to do a cleaning and actually I can not tell the difference from what he did to many previous cleanings I had. And the dentist never told me he was going to do anything other than the requested (and covered) "cleaning". I did not pay him and sent a letter complaining and asking them to re-code the wok as a cleaning. They did not do it. After a year I receive a letter from a collection office (lawyer) threatening to sue me. What shall I do?

Abusive dentist?
Report him to the State Board and the Insurance board for unethical practice.
Reply:just pay for it... 100 bucks is cheaper than a lawyer!! BUT if you can get online and find one, there are some lawyers that will do your casework for free...


Definitely find another dentist!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net