Monday, April 27, 2009

Dentist..........................

I went to the dentist yesterday and found out I have cavities in all four of my wisdom teeth. All four of them are out, and my dentist(who does difficult extractions) has advised that its best for me to get them pulled. I'm so sad of going to the dentist and getting my teeth pulled. I havent had one pulled since I was 7 years old and I'm now 21 years old. I'm getting two pulled at a time. I'm so nervous and scared, I havent even scheduled the apt yet.. Does it hurt? Do you feel anything? Pain, Pressue, WHAT? I'm so nervous. Please help.

Dentist..........................
It's probably best to have all 4 out at once. I know it's certainly cheaper sedation-wise. Has s/he referred you to an oral surgeon?? Most of the time when Wisdom Teeth are extracted, you are sedated, or put to sleep so you shouldn't feel a thing. Depending on the position of your roots, you may have pain and discomfort for a few days after. Follow your doctor or oral surgeon's recommendations after surgery and you should be fine.
Reply:Call your dentist and tell him your fears. He can give you something to help you with your anxiety.


Also see if he offers either Nitrous or IV sedation. If he does you will be out, and wont care.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net